Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kokomojo Kokomojo is offline

Default No Spacing Default in Word 2007

Hi Steven,

Perhaps you could clairfy something for me, which this article didn't. In
previous versions of Word, if you set line spacing to single, single spacing
was 120% of whatever the point size of the font being used. So, if you were
working with 12 point Times New Roman, single spacing was actually 14.4
points of space between lines within a paragraph.

In Word 2007, the default line spacing is 1.15 lines. Does that mean that
single spacing is 115% of the font being used or is it that single spacing is
still 120% of the font size and 1.15 line spacing would be approximately 138%
of the point size of the font being used, so if you were working with 12
point Times New Roman, 1.15 line spacing would actually give you 16.56 points
of space between lines within a a paragaph?

Thanks so much for any assistance.

Joseph
"StevenM" wrote:

To: BK,

For Line Spacing in Word 2007 see:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...310301033.aspx

Steven Craig Miller

"BK" wrote:

How do you set NO SPACING as the default in 2007? We can set it to No Spacing
but it doesn't seem to hold for a new document. Tried changing it under
styles but it won't hold for a new document.