Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can't remove or hide header on page 1

Are the First Page Header and First Page Footer empty? If not, empty them.

http://word.mvps.org

"bufossil" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 on Windows XP.

I am trying to hide the header and footer on page 1 (the title page) of my
document.

I have tried the following:

1. In the Header & Footer Tool (with the header active on the first page),
click "Different First Page." Neither the header or footer disappear.

2. With the cursor in the header on page 1, in the Header & Footer Tool,
click Header Remove Header. The header does not disappear.

3. With the cursor in the footer on page 1, in the Header & Footer Tool,
click Footer Remove Footer. The footer does not disappear.

Any know what is going on? Thanks!

Tim Munyon