Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Hiding Blank Calculations in Word 2007

Hi Doug,

There you go making it dificult again ...
{=Text1*Text2 \# \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}

--
Cheers
macropod

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...
Use the following type of field construction

{ IF { FORMTEXT { =Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } = "£0.00" "" { FORMTEXT { =Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and use Alt+F9 to toggle off their display

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis.
"Ben" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a word 2007 template that I will be using to produce quotes.

In part of the form there are 4 lines for each tem that might be
quoted on, each line has 4 text form fields, each text form fields in
each line ends 1, 2 ,3, 4 i.e. quantity1, description1, unit_price1,
total_price1, then quantity2, description2, unit_price2, total_price2
etc.

If the text form fields are blank, I don't want them to show up when
printed out, which is what happens if there is no default text in the
form field, such as the description fields, but when you enter a
calculation, such as in total_price which would be "= quantity *
unit_price", it shows as £0.00 even if quantity & unit_price are
blank.

Is it possible to hid a calculation when its blank, rather than have
it display a null vlaue?

Thanks

Ben