Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nick Mirro Nick Mirro is offline

Default Document hyperlink doesn't work when offline

On Feb 23, 7:53*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Nick,

Hi Nick,

When using '\' separators, they need to be used in pairs (ie '\\'). To prevent the server path reversions, try changing the path
delimiters from '\\' to '/':
Z:/PRACTICE DOCUMENTS/Reference/UE dermatomes.jpg

--
Cheers
macropod

"Nick Mirro" wrote in ...
On a laptop, I have a template with a hyperlink to a jpg that is an
offline file. *The hyperlink contains the path

\\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

The hyperlink only works if the laptop is logged onto the server
containing the original file. *I can also access the jpg file directly
on the laptop via:

PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg since this is also a
mapped drive. *Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS

I tried to change the hyperlink to Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE
dermatomes.jpg, but this change does not save. *It reverts back to \
\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

Can I get the Word hyperlink to point to the laptop offline copy of
the file only?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help. I entered the path as you described. It changed
it self from

Z:/PRACTICE DOCUMENTS/Reference/UE dermatomes.jpg

Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg

When clicking the hyperlink, I get "Cannot locate internet server or
proxy server."