Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Move to Previous Location

In Word 2007, you can use a macro to return to a specific location in a
document (after it has been closed and reopened). MVP Graham Mayor has given
this solution in a different thread:

********************
You can work around it easily enough with a couple of macros in the normal
template e.g.

Sub OpenAt()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Name:="OpenAt"
End Sub

Added to a keyboard shortcut or to a button on the QAT, when run it will
insert a bookmark at the cursor position called OpenAt. Or you could
incorporate the command line in a macro to intercept the Save and Save as
functions to mark the last cursor position before saving the document.

The following macro will check for that bookmark and select it if present
when a document is opened.

Sub AutoOpen()
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
End If
End Sub

********************

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DeanH" wrote in message
Shft+F5 will toggle to the last 3 places of edit.
It also works after shutdown and reopen, abet only to the last place of an
edit.
I belive this function was dropped from 2007 but retruned in 2010.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Maanu" wrote:

Hi,

Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an
item
in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location.

Is there a shortcut for doing this?

Thanks!