Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Maximum word length

Typing speeds were expressed in words per minute, where "word" was
defined as five letters followed by a space -- so I suppose you could
divide four and a quarter billion by six to get an answer.

On Mar 30, 6:25*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Expressed another way, 2^32 characters, that is 4,294,967,296 characters. If every word had one letter and one space separated each
word, that'd be 2,147,483,648 words.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file.
You can't even _count_ how many words that would be!

On Mar 30, 3:45 pm, Clarendon
wrote:

What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)?
Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word
length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a
problem associated with the size?

Thanks.-