Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Maximum word length

Yes, but that's not what the OP asked: "What is the maximum number of words". The *maximum* can only exist where each word has one
character.

Conversely, the post title suggested the OP was after the "Maximum word length". In that case, pick the longest word you can find,
up to 4,294,967,296 characters in length ...

--
Cheers
macropod

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message ...
Typing speeds were expressed in words per minute, where "word" was
defined as five letters followed by a space -- so I suppose you could
divide four and a quarter billion by six to get an answer.

On Mar 30, 6:25 pm, "macropod" wrote:
Expressed another way, 2^32 characters, that is 4,294,967,296 characters. If every word had one letter and one space separated
each
word, that'd be 2,147,483,648 words.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file.
You can't even _count_ how many words that would be!

On Mar 30, 3:45 pm, Clarendon
wrote:

What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)?
Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word
length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a
problem associated with the size?

Thanks.-