Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suroora suroora is offline

Default Can I import existing styles into a document?

I am working on a document to which I would like to apply just heading styles
that I've created and use regularly, but leave everything else as it is. The
document already has a heading 1 that is different from mine. Does this mean
I have to modify the document's style or can I import my own and replace the
document style? My colleague is also in the same situation, except that she
has to use my styles. It would be useful if we didn't have to create the
style over and over again, since we will be working on several documents.

We are using Word 2003.