skippercollector skippercollector is offline
Junior Member

Default no header footer second page

I am using Word 97-2003. I want to have only the FIRST page with a header and footer. If I add a second page, the header and footer are copied over as well, but when I delete the items on the second page, so do the first page's disappear.
What I want is this: Any following pages would NOT have anything except my regular text--no header, footer, page number or anything similar. I have tried all the different methods mentioned in Microsoft help, and none of them are working.
In other words, I use the first page as I would do with old-fashioned stationery. Only on the front page of the letter would I need the name and address. Any additional pages would just have my letter.