Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Updating Table of Figures

Update the Table of Figures by right-clicking on it. Choose Update Field. It
should offer two choices -- page numbers only, or entire table. If you've made
changes to the wording or formatting of the table, choose page numbers only.

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 4:31:04 PM UTC-4, Ansel1981 wrote:
Hey, I am trying to figure out how to have a table of figures template
on one of our reporting documents where the first 5 figures will have a
consistent figure title and not update to the figure caption titles. For
example Figure one I want it to show "well construction" but when i
update the table it says "this well construction..." How do I prevent
certain figures from updating on the table and other figures updating?
Is there a way to do that or to lock in a title for certain figures?

--
Ansel1981