WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Locking table position

Yes, it is possible to lock or anchor a table to a specific position on a page in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Select the table that you want to lock or anchor to a specific position on the page.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Table" group, click on the "Properties" button.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Table" tab.
  5. Click on the "Options" button.
  6. In the "Table Options" dialog box, click on the "Positioning" tab.
  7. Under the "Options" section, select the "Lock anchor" checkbox.
  8. Under the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" sections, choose the desired position for the table on the page.
  9. Click "OK" to close the "Table Options" dialog box.
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.

Now, your table is locked or anchored to the specific position on the page that you chose. Users can still edit text in cells as usual.