Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I show line numbers on the screen?

If you added the line numbers as a text box (as in the Pleading Wizard) as
opposed to using the Line Numbers command on the Layout tab of Page Setup,
then make sure that you have "White space between pages" checked on the View
tab of Tools | Options.

"Rusti" wrote in message
news
I am in the Print Layout mode but the line numbers do not show up on the
screen.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Line numbers are displayed in Print Layout view but not in Normal view.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Rusti" wrote in message
I have added line numbers to a document but they only show up in the

view
screen and the printed document. I need to see the line numbers on

the
screen. Can't find it in "help".