Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emodelly emodelly is offline

Default this modification is not allowed because this selection is locked

i keep getting this message, like every one else. i also do not know if i
have a trial version because the program was already on my laptop when i
recieved it for my birthday. and my parents set it up. i have tried to unlock
using the protect document bar but yet like others it's grey and won't let me
click it. and i thought maybe making a password to modify would fix the
problem but i cannot access that either.

some one please help.