Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PEBP PEBP is offline

Default File Path on Printed Documents

Thanks so much. That is exactly what I needed.

Take care,
Amanda

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

In the Insert ribbon tab, click on Footer - Edit Footer. From here, you have
two choices: manually insert the filename field, or use the ribbon to access
the Field dialog box.

Manually:

Press Ctrl+F9. Type filename \p. Press F9.

Ribbon:

Insert - Quick Parts - Field, select FileName, tick Add path to filename,
click OK.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"PEBP" wrote in message
ALL:

Simple question. How do I get the file path of where the file is stored
print on the bottom of the documents? This is in Word 2007. In 2002 it
was
a simple VIEWINSERTFILE PATH or something simple like that. I don't
want
the print properties, but rather at the bottom of each page, do display
where
the file is located.

ex:
H:\mydocuments\My eBooks\word quiz.doc