Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Huber57 Huber57 is offline

Default Insert image based on filename

All:

Here is what I was looking for. Sorry for the post.

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Doug

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you using Excel or Word. Your use of ActiveSheet makes me think you are
working in Excel.

You could however use the information in the first column to do a mail merge
in Word that would insert the filenames and the pictures into a document.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Huber57" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have searched high and low for an answer and I am stumped.

I have a table with two columns. In column A, I have the filename of an
image that I would like to insert into column B. There are over 1,000.
Is
there any way to write a macro to insert all of them into Column B based
on
the information in Column A? I found this macro for excel but I don't
know
if it could be used as a starting point for Word.

Sub ABCD()
Dim pic As Picture
Dim sPath As String, sName As String
Range("B2").Select
sPath = "C:\Graphics\"
sName = Range("A2").Value
If LCase(Right(sName, 4)) ".png" Then
sName = sName & ".png"
End If
If Dir(sPath & sName) "" Then
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(sPath & sName)
With Range("B2")
pic.Top = .Top
pic.Left = .Left
End With