AES

yes thank you that did not work at all. However I discovered that if I click
somewhere and hit the space bar, the box goes away. So although not a
technical fix, one that works. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you right-click on the button, you should get a choice of AutoCorrect
Options... Click on that to open the AutoCorrect Options dialog. Clear the
check box for "Show AutoCorrect Options buttons.

"AES" wrote in message
I am using Word 2004 for Macs.
Okay you know when every I indent twice this little, tiny, icon box with a
lightening bolt inside pops onto the screen giving me these options to

change
back to tab, to stop setting indents on tabs and backspaces, and to go to

the
autocorrect table. Now I do not actaully want to do any of these things,

have tried ll of them, changing random things in autoformat, etc. but what

really really really want is to be able to see the text underneatth the

box
and keep working! And no the box does not move. Does anyone know how to

turn
this thing off?
AES