Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Uninstall and reinstall of Microsoft office 2003 - issues

Yes you can do this, but if repairing the installation didn't fix the
problem, neither will reinstalling.

First see how to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm and if that doesn't
fix it select a document in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Open
with...

From the ensuing dialog select Word (winword.exe) and check the box to
always open with this application.

Sidd wrote:
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your response...

Can I do an Uninstall first and then reinstall the same, without
penalty ? or do I need to use the reinstall option provided with the
installation CD ?

I tried the reinstall option of the installation CD, but ended
without luck.

The problem I face is with the Microsoft Word, I tried the 'open with'
option to open some word documents... but 'Winword.exe' never gets
listed in the list of recommended programs, nor does it open the word
document. The only way I can open a word document is to run
'Winword.exe' and then click fileopen and then select the document.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Sidd

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can re-install on the same platform without penalty.

Sidd wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am facing problems with the REGISTERED version of Microsoft office
2003 (Student Edition) installed on Windows Vista (32 bit).

Can I uninstall the software on the whole and reinstall it ?
I am sure I will have to re-register the product again... Will the
re-registration be treated as a additional license ?

Please let me know the process on how could I re-install the
software without consuming an additional license.

Regards,
Sidd