Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change or get rid of OCX controls in a Word 2003 doc?

If I insert a check box form field, my Undo list says, "Check Box Form
Field." If I insert a check box from the Control Toolbox, I get a check box
in a text box with the label CheckBox1, and the Undo list says OCXCheckbox.

If you are confident you are using the Forms toolbar instead of the Control
Toolbar, then I suspect that the Check Box command from the Control Toolbox
has been substituted for the Check Box command from the Forms toolbar.

To correct this:

1. Display the Forms toolbar.

2. Open Tools | Customize.

3. Drag the Check Box button off the Forms toolbar.

4. On the Commands tab of the Customize dialog, select the Forms category.

5. Find the Check Box command and drag it to the Forms toolbar.

6. Close the Customize dialog.

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I'm already using the Forms toolbar.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use the Forms toolbar instead of the Controls Toolbox.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frustrated" wrote in message
news
I have a Word doc I'm trying to enter form checkboxes into. When I

click
on
the "checkbox" icon I get something that looks like a text box. When

I go
"Undo" it says "Undo OCXCheckbox". I have tried turning design

controls
on
and off, saving this doc as a template, turning protection on and off,

and
other misc. things, all to no avail.