Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pierre[_3_] Pierre[_3_] is offline

Default OFFICE 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPOint) LOSING RECENT DOCUMENTS

The same problem started over the weekend where I lost my recent document
list in Word and Excel from Office 2007.

My solution: In Word, click the Office button, click Word Options and click
Advanced. Scroll down to the Display section. Enter the number of recent
documents in the field.

In my case, the number 17 appeared in the "Show this number of Recent
Documents" field. I believe the problem is that Word could not display 17
recent documents so I changed the value to 5. I loaded and closed 5 separate
documents, existed and re-launched Word. My 5 documents appeared in the
Recent Documents. I shut down and rebooted my laptop, launched Word and
sure enough my 5 documents were listed in Recent Documents.
--
Pierre

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you running one of those utilities that automatically clears recent file
lists, the history, the Internet cache, and so forth? If so, that could be
culprit here.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jfguerra" wrote:

Help! All of a sudden, I am losing all the Recent Documents lists from Word,
Excel and PowerPoint in Office 2007. It happens when I shut down and reboot
(which I do every day). It doesn't do it while I have my laptop on. I can
use any of these apps, shut them down and bring them back up again and again
and the Recent Documents list will continue to show the dos I opened / used.
But once I shut down my machine, they are erased from the Recent Documents
list.
I have already checked the settings on each of the apps (e.g. Excel, Excel
Options, Advanced, Show this number of Recent Documents) and it's not set to
zero.
Any suggestions? Did some recent update from MS screw this up? Thanks for
any advice or guidance.