Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How can I email a mail-merged document?

If you can decide which pages you need to send automatically (i.e. on the
basis of the data in the mail merge data source) then you can consider using
INCLUDETEXT fields to include the additional page(s) optionally, then merge
directly to e-mail. e.g. if you have a field called includepage2 which is
"Y" if you want page 2, you might be able to use

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD includepage2 }" = "Y" "put a page break in here with all
the other stuff you want, including fields" "" }

All the {} need to be the special field braces that you can insert using
ctrl-F9.

If you want to try this approach, I'd start by doing some very simple
feasibility tests on the machine you intend to use for the merge.

Otherwise, you can consider using VBA and a combination of two Doug Robbins
techniques, which you should find he
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"derektburg" wrote in message
I have an Excel document that contains 5-6 pieces of employee data that
will
be merged into a Word form. This will create a 2-page document for each
employee that I would like to email to them. Is there a way that I can
merge
this data into one large document but then email specific pages based on
the
appropriate employee?