Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word has stopped working

If you rename the transferred file, with Word closed, and then restart the
application, then does it work? If so, apparently the copied normal.dotm was
damaged.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"john9210" wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 on a Win Vista computer. Ive tailored the normal template
on my desktop computer and use it with no problems. Since I want to use the
same normal template on my new laptop computer (Win Vista) I've transferred
it via a memory stick to the laptop and placed it in Word's template folder.
Now on the laptop, the template works find, but every time I close Word I get
the "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working" error. It seems something is
happening because of the memory stick. Any suggestions?