Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anne anne is offline

Default Vertical alignment (centre) on page with WordArt or picture

Hi Suzanne

I'm using Word 2003 with SP3 running on Windows XP SP2

Regards

Anne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I can confirm this. Even setting the wrapping to Behind Text or the
alignment as Relative to Page doesn't help. The same is true for wrapped
pictures (and I assume also for clip art and drawings). This strikes me as a
bug, and I will report it. I'm seeing this in Word 2003 and 2007. What
version are you using?

"Anne" wrote in message
This does not work with File/Page Setup/Layout Tab/Page - Vertical
Alignment/Centre!

This is only a problem with vertical alignment in page setup. Normally
choosing a different wrapping style other than in-line does work, but not
with this layout.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the wrapping on the WordArt to something other than In Line With
Text
and you'll be able to place it where you want it.

"Anne" wrote in message
When I apply vertical alignment (centre) to the page setup and insert
WordArt
or a picture, the alignment interferes with the object and I can't
position
it where I want. How do I stop the alignment interfering with the
object?
Thanks.