Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Compass Rose Compass Rose is offline

Default ASK field default

Another thought. Is there an ASCII code that corresponds to CURSOR RIGHT?
I've been looking up ASCII codes online, with no luck so far. I was thinking:

{ASK ReceiptNo "Enter the receipt number" \d {QUOTE {DATE \@ "yy'-'"} X }}

where X is the CURSOR RIGHT ASCII character. Just a thought....

David

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Compass Rose,

No.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Compass Rose" wrote in message ...
I have created an ASK field in a document which prompts for a receipt number,
which has the year in 2 digit format followed by a dash, and then I manually
enter the remaining digits of the receipt number. eg: 09-124

It appears like this:

{ASK ReceiptNo "Enter the receipt number" \d {DATE \@ "yy'-'"}}

When the prompt appears, the default value is highlighted. Is it possible to
change the default coding so that the default value isn't highlighted, and
the cursor is situated after the dash?

TIA
David

.