Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simon simon is offline

Default delete empty paragraphs without picking up formats of following para/section?

Graham - tx for the ref to the updated tutorial

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

simon wrote:
Awesome trick Jay. I used (^13{2})^13{1,} because I wanted to
preserve one line between paragraphs. Thanks for heads up about not
needing a max in the braces.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Turn on "Use wildcards". Find (^13)^13{1,} and replace with \1 .
That will preserve any style or formatting that's applied to the
first paragraph mark. Also note that you don't need to supply a
maximum number of repetitions in the braces.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:40:37 -0800, "simon" wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of find [^13]{2,100} replace
with ^13^13
but either method still seems to encounter the
formatting-of-following-section issue. The other technique I've
used is to
hide text (by modifying the style font proerties) that may
interfere with the find/replace but it seems you have to turn off
Show All formatting. s

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Find ^p^p, replace with ^p

"simon" wrote in message
Folks,

How can I use find/replace to delete extra empty paragraphs in my
doc without messing up headings and other formats of following
para/sections?

tx, Simon