Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TOC Field Code

"Richard" wrote:

Thank you for your response. However, I am referring to the manual TOC
markings used to mark the headings in a document not the TOC itself. In a
lot of our older documents the paragraph headings were manually marked with a
TOC field e.g. {TC "INTRODUCTION" \F C \1 "1"}. Can these be hidden? I'm
afraid it will mess with the pagination of the document.

Indeed, more details would have been useful... ;-) TOC fields are different
from TC fields...

TC fields are hidden fields. If you see them it either means that you have
turned on the display of hidden text in the "Tools Options... View tab"
dialog, or that you have used the ΒΆ on the toolbar.

If they print, it means that you have activated the printing of hiddent text
in the print options. This is a "sticky" option, i.e Word keeps it once it is
turned on, but by default it is not activated.