Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Document for email with picture linked to URL (Word 2002)

This is what tried lately: I created the document with Front Page
(2002) with 3 linked images, two of them with hyperlinks. I opened the
htm file with Word, and for the linked image without hyperlink, Alt-F9
showed the INCLUDEPICTURE field with the url link; however, for the
other two images it only showed the HYPERLINK field. After saving the
file with the Filtered option, it apparently retained both the link and
the hyperlink, and displayed and behaved fine with IExplorer (I didn't
try emailing).

The problem now is when I reope the file with word and save it again as
Filtered. Two more HYPERLINK fields are added to one of the pictures,
but the other still shows one field (?). And every time I open and save
the file, two more HYPERLINK fields are added for that image.

As the purpose of all these workarounds was for the user (who doesn't
have or use Front Page) to have a Word template -with the linked images
and hyperlinks- to create a Newsletter for emailing, all this approach
seems useless.

I would like to know if this strange behavior pesists with Office 2003.

Anyway, I think I'll stop with this Word nonsense, and look for another
solution. Thank you anyway for your time and help.

Gaby