Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Santa-D Santa-D is offline

Default Mail Merge from Excel data source

Is there a way to run merge records from Excel which groups certain
records together.
I have a report which is exported from a finance system and I want to
have a generic template which I can merge outstanding invoices.

One site in this report may have 10 outstanding invoices but currently
I've been unable to figure out how to "group" the records together.

A sample:

Line No. | Invoice No. | Date | Description | Cost Centre | Invoice Amt
| Payment Amt | Balance | Attention | Email
1 | 100 | 1/01/01 | John Doe | 001030 | 345 | 0 | 345 | Jane Doe |
ess

....and so forth.

The current report is 207 lines long and one person could have 2
records and some could have 30 records.

Is there a way to group records via Name or Email address for merge?
What I want to achieve is each outstanding invoice record for Jane Doe
is listed in a table in word and I can't remember how I did (it's been
a few years).