Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Santa-D Santa-D is offline

Default Mail Merge from Excel data source

I had been trying that out yesterday and the results came out different
than what's displayed on their sample.
The MS example (which is what I used to see if I can get it to work)
stated this:

The fields laid out in this example produce a sorted list as follows:
Atlanta

Galos $3,000
Delaney $50,000
Henningsen $10,000

Houston

Johnson $8,000
Kelly $9,000
Pak $0

Except, I had every line on a seperate page (and I didn't use the
pagebreak option)
I'm using Word 2003.

It's not as if we could use Word as a front end and run a query on the
excel data?

While KEY1 = PRIMARY.KEY then
return data that relates to PRIMARY.KEY in table
End While

Graham Mayor wrote:
This is not something that Word's merge is designed to do, and to force it
to do so is complex - see How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by
category in Word 2002 - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686