Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GHawkins GHawkins is offline

Default Embedded Excel spreadsheet in Word Document - cannot update da

The Word document is open when he's editing it. I looked through his
settings, but I can't say that I remember what he had for those two. I'll
check those!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi GHawkins,

Is the user who is having the problems making the changes with the Word
document closed? And do they have the 'update automatic links at open'
checked under Tools|Options|General? If it's a print-time problem, it's also
worth checking that the 'update links' option is checked under
Tools|Options|Print.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"GHawkins" wrote in message
We are running Office 2003, SP2 on Windows XP machines. I have a Word
document with an embedded spreadsheet. When I go into the embedded
spreadsheet to change/add data, the changes are reflected when I click out

of
the sheet to return to the Word document.

However, one user is having problems updating the spreadsheet. When he
changes a value within the Excel table (such as changing a 0 to 3) and

then
returns to the Word document, the updated values are not shown in the

"Word
view". If he clicks back into the Excel table the changed values are
reflected correctly.

We have had 4+ people try to edit the table - only one person is having

this
problem. I assume it's a setting either in Word or Excel. Anyone with

ideas
on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!!