Graham Mayor

I have answered this in your later similar question.

lost in cincy wrote:
OK-Here is my problem... I have a word document (ex. pleading 1)that
I have formatted. Within the document I have included another
document (pleading caption). The formatting in the 'pleading
caption' document is not correct. I need some of the information to
be centered and some to be left justified. I have tried to make the
necessary corrections numerous different ways, but the changes are
not saved.
How do make the changes in the included document (pleading caption)
and make sure the changes are saved and to make sure the changes are
reflected in the main document (pleading 1)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The actual business of merging, formatting and using conditional
statements is no different between the versions. If you already know
how to format a merge document, you will have no difficulty. It is
primarily the connection method to the data, which requires Word to
provide the formatting (though this is not insurmountable) and the
different interfaces, which the quoted article addresses. I have
more information about fields on my web site -
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm which you should
find useful. If you have any specific problem regarding the use of
fields etc then you can always ask it here in the ng.

lost in cincy wrote:
I have visted this site previously. However, in this instance I did
not find the answer to my question. I know how to do a mail merge,
but I need more "training" on formating the documents, using "if
statements" and includuing text, etc. Will Word 2000 be comparable
to what I'm currently using in Word 2003???

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Have a look at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and see
if you still need the class. Ask any outstanding questions here and
save your money

lost in cincy wrote:
I previously used Word 6.0 (dinosaur), and have been thrown into
Word 2003. I'm interested in taking a class on mail merge, but all
that is offered is Word 2000. How different or similar are the
two systems?? Would I be wasting my money??