Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

Default Heading Styles

You're probably not creating the numbered styles correctly, which is very
common. See:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"dew" wrote in message
Whenever I modify a heading style, say for instance, Heading 2, it
modifies Heading 1. Why does it do that and How do I get it to stop? I
have Heading 1 set exactly the way I want it and then it gets all messed
up when I modify Heading 2. Particularly the number alignment, I'm trying
to get them all aligned properly. So I align Heading 2 to be aligned with
the text of Heading 1 (not the outline number of heading 1), then heading
1 moves over, so it's still not aligned.

What gives?