Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] anatolebeams@googlemail.com is offline

Default Text formatting in Word

Uh - I'm with you there. My heart sinks when anyone tells me that we have to use Word for a job.

But then I have now moved "up" to MS Word 2011 and guess what? Microsoft have changed all the dialogues boxes and rulers and inspectors, but managed not to make it any easier to use at all!!!

Why bother?

Don't they have anyone who can design an interface at Microsoft? Why is is so impossible for them to understand that MS Word and MS Excel are essentially great programs, but with interfaces that have just evolved since v1 and never been redesigned. Half baked efforts like the new 'ribbon' make the situation worse because it doesn't include everything and too much emphasis is placed on the MS styling junk that we never use. Take a look at Quark/InDesign or pretty much any other WP package and you will find a better interface.

Where I can I am resorting to using Pages and then saving as a Word file. It does a better job.

Microsoft is just history! RIP