Lorrie White

Then try finding *ronmental and make that italics. No just joking. It's
really not clear what you are trying to do. If you want to make all
incidents of "environmental" italics, I'd "find" all environmental and
highlight them. (the button the highlight all is on the find screen) Once
highlighted, if you click on the italics icon - they will all be changed to
italics.

"Jan Kronsell" wrote in message
I like to replace all occurrences of words containing "envi " with the same
word in italics.

I have checked the Use wildcards and specified envi* in the search field
and left the replace field empty, but for the italic formatting. I the use
replace, and it put all occurences of envi in italics, but only that part
of
the word, not the whole word. So in "environmental" only the first for
letters are put in italics. What am I doing wrong. Btw im using Word 2002.

Jan