Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Hlp! Seq within Formula

Hi Dee,

Did you examine the field coding? To do so, select one of the fields and press Shift-F9. You might find it easier if you copy the
field out of the table and paste it somewhere where the cell boundaries won't constrain the layout.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"dee" wrote in message ...
Hi there,

Yes, I had read you information today. I'm sorry, but I just don't grasp
how to incorporate a Seq field within my formula to reference the correct
relative address. (I'm blonde! :-) )

My thought was to reference the row number, somehow having something like:

=a(seq field)-b(seq field)

I have a feeling I'm totally off base.

Any help (baby step-by-step) would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks!

Dee

"macropod" wrote:

To see how to do this, check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Relative Referencing In Tables'

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"dee" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've found some guidance through the posts regarding "relative" cell
addresses within a table, but can't seem to figure out exactly how to input
the formula using the Seq field.

For example, say I have a table with 3 columns and 3 rows. I want to be
able to input a formula in cell C1 that will subtract A1-B1.

Using an absolute formula won't work, as I will be revising the table every
month. I had thought of embedding an Excel file, but for what I'm doing, it
isn't feasible.

Can anyone help with the exact syntax of how to achieve this? Every time I
try, I get a syntax error.

Thanks!

--
Thanks!