pompeyboyUSA

Default Field Codes - If Field

Macropod,

Thank you, that is good news, I will check this out and get back to you.
Thank you for your help so far

Charlie

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Charlie,

You certainly can use bookmarks in formula fields - check out my Word Field
Maths 'tutorial' at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
and my Word Date calculations 'tutorial' at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

Cheers

"pompeyboyUSA" wrote in message
Macropod,

Thank you, it works perfectly well, I now understand what goes where and

the
calculations work. I do have one small question though and then I will

leave
you alone! Once I have the end columns to calculate the mileage x the

rate
(I then have a number of columns to add up at the bottom of the form) how

do
I do that? I know how to do this using bookmarks, but as I do not have

the
option to specify Bookmarks using Formula Fields (or do I!!), I can't get
them to add up to a total.

I am really grateful for your assistance so far

Regards

Charlie

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Charlie,

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to achieve. The outline you gave
suggests a formula field (not a formfield) coded something along the

lines
of:
{IF{Dropdown1}= "Tea" "Two Sugars"}

But, since you mention 'rate' and 'mileage', which I assume are the

bookmark
names attached to formfields/dropdowns, I suspect you actually have some
sort of formula in mind. If you simply want to multiply the mileage and

rate
bookmarks (regardless of how they're filled in), you can use a formula

field
(again, not a formfield) coded as:
{={Mileage}*{Rate}}
to which you might want to add a numeric picture switch:
{={Mileage}*{Rate} \# $,0.00}
to show a currency result.

Cheers

"pompeyboyUSA" wrote in message
Macropod,

thanks but I am still a bit confused. The two bookmarks I have are

'rate'
and 'mileage', and the result will be shown in a form field called
'total1'.

Can you please point me in the right direction on where to put the
bookmark
names in the coding you very kindly wrote.

Thanks you

Charlie

"pompeyboyUSA" wrote:

Hi,

I have several forms and I want to fill in certain boxes depending

on
criteria I select from a dropdown list in a different box. I have
looked at
the IF Field messages posted and they all seem to mention MAILMERGE.
The
forms I am using are not MAILMERGE forms.
For example, in an Excel Form you would choose the box you want the
answer
to be in and type =IF(B:3 = "Tea","two sugars"), If B:3 was

populated
with
the statement "tea" the "answer" box would self-populate with the

answer
"two
sugars" I wish to use the same type of formula in a Word Form but

am
unable
to use the same formula in the Field codes box. Can this actually

be
done?
If so, how?!?!
Thank you