Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JEDDC

Default Header size reduction with no text -- how to reduce?

Thanks Suzanne. The information you gave fixed my problem too. It was the
vertical allignment setting also. These little items are so frustrating when
you can't solve it. Thanks for taking the trouble of posting your advice.

JEDDC

"LJeff73" wrote:

Suzanne: It was the vertical allignment setting. Problem solved -- thanks
so much!

LJeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Ctrl+* or click the Show/Hide ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to
display nonprinting characters. Chances are you've got extra empty
paragraphs (indicated by ¶) in the header. Alternatively, on the Layout tab
of Page Setup, make sure that the vertical alignment is set to Top.

"LJeff73" wrote in message
A mystery header is so large it is displacing text, leaving a 4 inch white
area on the page. There is no text in the header. How can I reduce it to
normal dimensions? Thanks!