Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Francisco[_2_] Francisco[_2_] is offline

Default Printing multiple copies of a specific records in a mail merge

On Apr 1, 11:16*am, Peter Jamieson
wrote:
What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Francisco wrote:
I can set up my data source to have the number of copies per record.
It is created through regular data entry, so I can manipulate it to
include the number of copies. *I guess the mail merge only solution
would be the simplest? *I have no experience with visual basic.

Thanks,
Francisco

On Mar 31, 9:42 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote:
The only way to do this with Mail Merge alone would be to have the necessary
number of copies of the records in the data source.

Another way, if you had a field in the data source that contained the number
of copies that were required for each client, would be to use some Visual
Basic Code to interate through the data source and create the required
number of copies of each letter.

How was your data source created?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Francisco Buella" wrote in message

Hi, I'm new to mail merges. *I have searched the group for an answer,
and have found some similar questions, but I haven't been able to
figure this out.
I have a letter that goes out to clients that I have been able to use
a mail merge for. *The problem is that some clients need up to 5
additional copies of the letter to be sent out. *It is different for
each client in the data set. *I would like to *print out all the
letters at once, with the correct number of copies printing for each
client.
Please help!
Thanks

The data source is an excel file