WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Printing a To-Scale Ruler in Word

Yes, there is a way to print a to-scale ruler in Microsoft Word! Here's how:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Shapes" and select the straight line shape.
  4. Draw a line on your document that is the length you want your ruler to be. You can use the ruler at the top of the screen to make sure it's the right length.
  5. Right-click on the line and select "Format Shape."
  6. In the "Format Shape" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "Size & Properties" icon (it looks like a box with a ruler in it).
  7. Under "Size," make sure the height of the line is set to 0.25 inches (or whatever height you want your ruler to be).
  8. Under "Properties," change the "Rotation" to 90 degrees.
  9. Click "Close" to close the "Format Shape" pane.
  10. Copy and paste the line down the side of your document to create your ruler.
  11. To make sure it's to scale, print out your document and measure the line with a physical ruler. If it's not the right length, go back to step 6 and adjust the size until it's correct.

That's it! You now have a to-scale ruler in your Word document.