David Hunter

Default Line Spacing is mysteriously locked at about 14 points.

XP Office Word 2002. Line spacing for paragraphs is no longer porportional
to the font text size used. I use 12 point font (font style makes no
difference) but the "Line Spazcing"/"Single" setting seems to display and
print line spacing at about what 14 point characters would be spaced. If you
highlight a paragraph and reduce the point size down to (forinstance) 6
points, the characters shrink to 6 points but the line spacing remains at the
old line spacing (for about 14 point characters). With 4 or 6 point fonts
there is enought space between the lines to put a bowling alley! This only
happens on NEW documents. Old documents can change font sizes and the line
spacing changes proportionately just like it should. I have checked both
Windows and Word to be sure the Language is "English" thinking that there
might be Chinese formatting, but to no avail. The normal
Format/Paragraph/Line Spacing/Single has been tried repeatedly. A bad
workaround is manually changing line spacing points each time you change font
size, but that really stinks. Outlook also uses Word for email creation and
it now has the very same large line spacing issues. Many thanks for any
suggestions.