Charles E Finkenbiner

Default Can't patch Office XP Professional - How to Uninstall?

Hi All,

I have Win2000 Pro running and I installed Office XP (picked the
complete radio button).

There did not appear to be anything wrong until I got to the end. After
the installation completed a message box popped up saying 'The version
numbers were not as expected' (wording is something like this, I don't
remember the exact wording). Well, I loaded Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Access (did not try Outlook) and they all seemed to run fine.

I then started to install service packs. I first tried to install SP1
but it generated an error report that I did not send to MS. I then
loaded Word and the version information stated that I had SP3 installed.
I do not think this is right but that's was it states.

Anyway, according to MS there are some patch files missing from some
hidden directory. I can not even uninstall Office XP because of this error.

My question, how do I uninstall Office XP when the uninstaller does not
work?

Thanks for any help,

Charles