Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Trial version of Windows 2007 won't operate

I just got a new computer that came w/the trial version of Windows 2007, and
I have tried to activate it 3x now, using my product key and going through
the steps but when I close all programs and restart, I still have the same
problem w/trying to use word (or anything else) - "this modification is not
allowed because the selection is locked." When I go to "review" or anything
else on the toolbar, it's grayed out.

Even when I go to "All Programs" - Office 2007 is not listed. I have a
paper & a final due - I need help right away!