Francesca

How does one insert this information into the fields?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For this you can use SEQ fields with a formatting switch to supply the
leading zeroes. For example:

[{ SEQ para \# 000# }]

SEQ fields do not update automatically but will update when you select the
document and press F9 or when you print or Print Preview.

"Francesca" wrote in message
Yes. I have tried out numbering and it does not produce what I need. The
first paragraph begins with [0001] up to [0088] the numbers are placed

within
the brackets.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried using auto numbering?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Francesca" wrote in message
I have numbered paragraphs. I wish to change (update) the

corresponding
numbers of each paragraph when new paragraphs are inserted. That is,

if I
have 100 numbered paragraphs, and I then insert 5 additional

paragraphs in
between the document, I would like to update the numbers of all the

other
paragraphs that follow the new inserted paragraphs. I would appreciate

any
assistance.