Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jem jem is offline

Default visual size

Graham:

thanks for your help but I have don that and it doesn't have any impact on
the individual programs although it does change the desktop.

Other thoughts?

jem
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It sounds like your display settings are inappropriate - right click the
screen and select properties. You will find options there to reduce the
resolution and/or increase the displayed font size via the 'settings' tab.

jem wrote:
I am working with Word 97. I have just transfered everything to a new
computer. All went well untill I tried to use Word. It functions OK
with some little quirks but my problem is this:

The program opes properly... I can open a previously saved doc. .....
it opens a 100% but it only takes up about half of the space on the
screen. I increase the size of the document to 150% and it looks
just fine... as it was at 100% on my old computer... fills the whole
screen.
Also, when I go to open a file the box opens and lists all of the file
folders the problem is the print is extremely small. I have dabbled
with the font size for the desk top but (not when word is open) and
obviously it has no impact on Word.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

jem