Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Make title bar show path for file

I'm using Word 2002. Is it different in Word 2002? Under Macros there is no
AutoOpen() macro but there is an "AutoExec" macro which has a lot of
content. Should I add
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
and if so, where?

Thanks.

Jeff

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following line to
your AutoOpen() macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you don't know how to
install a macro.

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands | Categories: Web
| Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to your toolbar area.
Click on Close. If you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot
global template when you exit Word, say yes. Obviously, this method puts
the path in the toolbar area, not in the title bar at the top of the
screen.

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the
path at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone
explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan