Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Make title bar show path for file

Yes, but that doesn't do what you requested, for which you need the macro.

Daniel Schaffer wrote:
Many thanks. I found still another way at
http://www.ehow.com/how_2270494_disp...word-menu.html.

Good luck, Dan S

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]"
wrote in message ...
One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following
line to your AutoOpen() macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you don't know how
to install a macro.

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands |
Categories: Web
Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to your toolbar area.

Click on Close. If you are prompted to save changes to your
Normal.dot global template when you exit Word, say yes. Obviously,
this method puts the path in the toolbar area, not in the title bar
at the top of the screen.

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show
the path at which the document on which I'm working is located.
Could someone explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan