Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jaartee

Default Format text around pictures makes file HUGE

Okay, here's a better example.

=Create a new word document, save it. It's about 20kB.
=Copy a small picture from Visio and paste it into document. It seems to
embed only, I cannot make it paste as a picture. The doc size is now 118kB.
Still acceptable.
=Now format the text to wrap square, or wrap tight. Save. Doc size is
1592kB.

Pardon the french, but WTF?
--
jaartee
Fellow user

"jaartee" wrote:

In Office 2003:
I have a word document of file size 34kB. I made two graphics in Visio.
The Visio file is 359kB. I copy-n-paste the two graphics into my doc with
default formt. The document size goes to 887kB.

I then format the objects so the text is tight or square around them. Each
format adds 2MB to the file, and it ends up with a total size of 5.54MB.

What gives?