TF

To add the Garfield-n-Odie's reply, the Capitalisation has nothing to do
with spelling and grammar: you can turn all those features back on again
once you have turned off the AutoCorrect feature.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

wrote in message
oups.com...
: I'm using Word 97 on XP. I go to Tools | Options | Spelling & Grammar
: and turn off everything, and also everything in Writing Style Standard
: setting. Now when I type "since 1999" at the beginning of a line, Word
: does NOT change "s" to "S". But if I create a table and in the table
: cell I type "since 1999", the "s" always changes to "S". How can I turn
: off spelling / grammar checking for sentences in a table? Thanks.
: Yong Huang
: yong321ATyahoo.com
: