Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dax Arroway Dax Arroway is offline

Default Form Feild Formatting Frustrations -- Please Help ME

Anyone got an answer to this? I'm thinkin it's a pretty common thing and
dying minds want to know! *smile* --dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

"Dax Arroway" wrote:

My company upgraded some of us to... the new one (No HelpAbout anymore so I
can't look up the version) but it's the new one... 07 I think. And I'm on a
Windows based PC. Anyway,

I'm trying to develop and design forms with form feilds. Best I like to use
is the Legacy Fields (because not everyone in the company has made the switch
so Word docs saved as .docx don't open for them and I can't use the 'normal'
tools when the form is in 'compability mode').

I'm having trouble controling the formatting. I can select 'underline' and
insert a fill in field but when I lock the doc and actually fill in some text
into the textbox, the font formatting isn't what the rest of the paragraph is
and the underline goes away. IOW, the formatting changes.

Does anyone know how to control these??? Or can someone please point me to
a tutorial about how to do this or give me some best practices? Any help
would be appreciated as I make lots of forms all day and none of them are
behaving the way they should (or the way the did when I was on Word 03!)

Thanks for your help in advance!

--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!