Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How to copy table cell shading to another cell in Word?

The following will set the shading of the first table in a document to the
shading that is applied to the cell in the first column of the first row of
the second table in the document.

With ActiveDocument
.Tables(1).Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = .Tables(2).Cell(1,
1).Shading.BackgroundPatternColor
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"owyheerover" wrote in message
I have added cell shading to a table cell in word. Now I would like to
repeat this color in another cell. But I cannot figure out what the
current
color is.

The "Shading" tool does not display the current shading of the cell.

When the cell was first shaded, the color was then displayed in the
"recently used colors" list. But since closing word and reopening, this
list
is blank.

How can I determine what the cell shading is, or copy the shading to
another
cell?

Thanks.

--