Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Extend selection?

It's called ExtendSelection in Word to. Try the F8 key followed by the
character you want to Extend to. Extend remains active until you press the
ESC key. So If you want to extend sentence by sentence, you press F8 and
then . (stop). If you press . (stop) again, it will select the next sentence
too (assuming there are no other stops in the sentence, of course).

If you repeatedly press F8, it will select Word, sentence, paragraph,
section/document in ascending order.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"fscodave" wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to start a search from the insertion point and extend the
selection from that point to the found item. That is, all the text from
the start point to the found item will be selected. (It's called extend
selection in the WP context, where I come from.)

Thanks.

David